Sunday, April 11, 2010

Grixis Swarm at FNC

How often do you see two back to back mirror matches when you aren't playing a Tier 1 deck? These geeks were all over Grixis like it was a rail thin barely legal teenage girl carrying around a deck box. And yes. I am guilty of playing this deck as well.

Friday Night Magic at Friendly Neighborhood Comics (FNC) has to be tacked onto my lists of failing at epic proportions.

Matchups:
Jund
Grixis
Grixis
Something I forget (Notice the fail right there OH YEAH!)
R/G Basilisk Collar Tokens

So like every other Grixis player, I played against at least 2 other grixis players. There were mirror matches out the wazzoo.

- Hi Um, I'll double negative that lightning bolt
- Nah, Negate.
- How about negating your negate
- I'd prefer to negate that negate that is negating my negate
- Tap out to Double negative that negate that negated my negate that negated your negate which was negating my double negative that countered your lightning bolt?
- Second bolt LOL

Legit. That happened.
Sometime it can be fun though
like getting both your Cruel Ultimatum and your Jwar Jwar Sphinx THOUGHT HEMORRHAGED
Mother Trucker
I still won though?
Can you say Quake 4, Quake 5, Double Bolt for game? I can.
I LOVE MAGIC.

Now to come to that night's truly epic fail, of all sorts of insanity.

Red
Green
Token
Collar
Translation? : LOLOLGARRUK TOKEN WITH BASILISK COLLAR

Bouncing tokens with into the roil is fun and all, but when you get no counters, no cruels and no mana for 3 games in a row (Game 2 I pulled out of my ass) you begin to wonder why you can't shotgun the rest of your mountain dew and stick your head in the toilet, hitting flush until you pass out from loss of oxygen. I think I would have rather eaten a pile of foil Wallet Slayer Angels than be put to such shame. It's like having to resort to playing Jund. OR WORSE.

It's like, Garruk, make a biddy, attach collar, swing for crazy shit, whittle me down, bolt me to the face, burst lightning me to the face, sable stag, omnath, canopy cover WHERE ARE MY COUNTER SPELLS?!

Fail enough for ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment